Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Origins of the Underfinanced Foodie...

I love food, but then who doesn't?  We all need it to live. My love of food is something more akin to an obsession, a passion, a way of life. Unfortunately, thoughts of food consume an overly large portion of my mental space. Not just any food will do however, it's got to be the good stuff...generally not found in the canned, frozen, or drive through varieties.

Although taking such an interest in food is already generally inadvisable for maintaining any semblance of a healthy physique, my passion is further undermined by the balance of my bank account. Food, especially really good food, doesn't come cheaply.  There in lies the inspiration for this blog.

As an overeducated but underemployed twenty-something, I try to find economical ways to eat well.  Sometimes I fail and spend a killing, and sometimes I make a trip to Five Guys. I'll be sharing the recipes, websites, stores, local restaurants, and other delicious strategies I employ to get the best eats for my buck.

No comments:

Post a Comment