Friday, October 12, 2012

Pumpkin Flavor All The Things!

    I was playing trivia recently, and was pleased as punch to hear a team was named "Pumpkin Flavor All The Things."  I couldn't agree more. My fall obsession with the pumpkin is now in full swing.  It always begins with a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte, my personal harbinger of Autumn, and accelerates from there.  Before I know it I've bought up all the pumpkin delicacies that cross my path. Perhaps the irresistible draw of pumpkin goodies comes from the old McRib formula of only being available for a limited time. But then again...I'm never tempted to buy a McRib. Just when I thought I had maxed out on all the pumpkiny goodness, I saw the Trader Joe's October Fearless Flyer, or the "pumpkin issue," and was torn between feelings of elation and skepticism.  The obsession with all things pumpkin has clearly reached epic proportions. There were literally 21 pumpkin items listed!  Pumpkin Spice Ravioli? I don't know... Today I went to Dunkin Donuts to pick up treats for some students when I was confronted with, you guessed it, pumpkin doughnuts.  The pumpkins are taking over, so make smart choices readers.  To help you out, here are my favorite pumpkin goodies of the season:

6. The Cheesecake Factory's Pumpkin Cheesecake
5. Trader Joe's Pumpkin Pancake Mix
4. McCutcheon's Pumpkin Butter (Available at Whole Foods)
3. Big Boss Harvest Time Pumpkin Ale with Spices
2. Brueggers Pumpkin cream cheese
1. An autumnal classic...the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte

3 comments:

  1. Pumplin Ravioli sounds pretty tasty, actually! I've had butternut squash ravioli and it's delish.

    Another favorite of mine is the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Sheetz - a cheaper alternative to the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll definitely have to try them out then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trader Joe's has Pumpkin Ice Cream that is pretty yummy!

    ReplyDelete